Code of Conduct
ICWE is committed to providing friendly, safe and welcoming events for all our attendees, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status and religion. We do not tolerate harassment in any form, and attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at our discretion.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
• Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, ethnicity, age, socioeconomic status or religion.
• Demeaning, discriminatory, derogatory, intimidating, abusive or threatening behaviour and speech.
• Unsuitable use of nudity, sexual images or violence (including presentation slides).
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
• Harassing photography or recording.
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
• Inappropriate physical contact including violence.
• Unwelcome sexual or physical attention.
• Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in such behaviour, we retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming and positive environment for all attendees. This includes warning the offender or immediate expulsion from the event without a refund. We expect attendees to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
The person harassing or making you or others feel uncomfortable might possibly not be aware of what they are doing, so we encourage you to politely bring their inappropriate behavior to their attention. However, if you are subject to or witness any persistent or clearly unacceptable behavior as described above, or have any other concerns in this respect, please notify an ICWE staff member immediately. Our team will listen to you and will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, or otherwise escort or assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your happy attendance.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify an ICWE staff member with a concise description of your grievance, which will be carefully and respectfully handled.